Physical Therapy
At the hospital they offer physical therapy as a service to those patients in need of it. I was asked by the physical therapist awhile ago (perhaps a year ago) if I could do an inservice with his volunteers and workers. We weren't able to get a date to do this until this week. I will be doing this twice during the week as they have different volunteers each day. This was a fun presentation to prepare for, as music therapy and the impact it has on the physical body was one of my passions in college. I felt like I did the majority of my papers on this subject. The inservice was a lot of fun, and of course didn't have enough time to talk about all the exciting things music can do to help or hinder ourselves. But the physical therapist and I are talking about helping each other with various groups and populations. This will take my area of expertise to another level.
No comments:
Post a Comment