This week felt like a set back week one me. I guess it's good to be humbled this way (only once in awhile please) in order to remind myself of all the many little blessings I have, and how far I have come. My right hip started to hurt 2 weeks ago. It was a gradual pain. This past Monday and Tuesday though I was dreading any type of walking. We aren't sure if I was reacting to some food, if it was a detox, or I did something physically to my lower back. In the past I would have hip pain on my left side, and this seemed to go away when I took out the food culprit. So the right side was a new one for me.
I had my friend give me acupuncture two Fridays ago that seemed to take the edge off of the pain and allow me to semi walk that weekend. I seemed to get worse though Monday morning. Tuesday night I remembered that I had castor oil and so poured that onto a clean cloth then onto my back with my heating pad on top of that. I slept that way all night. The next morning I was able to walk without my cane. I kept putting castor oil packs on Wednesday morning and the pain continued to get better. I called my mom Tuesday night and asked her to send me some Frankincense oil and others to see if that could help as well. By Friday I was able to make it to clinic and sit. I told me friend how today I felt like I was 70 years old, much better than the age 85 I felt at the beginning of the week. During clinic, my friend offered to give me a Tui Na massage to help relax it. Unfortunately as she was doing one stretch, she aggravated it and I ended up limping pretty badly. After another friend offered to do ear acupuncture on me. She needled the hip point on the ear as well as others. I could not believe how after 10 minutes with the needles in, my hip wasn't bothering me as much. I had the strength to get home. A great blessing to me. Today the hip is barely noticeable. I am very grateful for that. Something (or a combination of everything) within that all those treatment modalities is working! Perhaps now I can clean and do the dishes that have been neglected for the past two weeks. Grateful to have learned about all these resources and how I was able to calm this down a lot sooner than my past experiences.
1 comment:
I am so happy something worked Kathryn! I know how frustrating setbacks can be. Good luck moving forward.
Post a Comment