Sunday, August 17, 2008

Day 134 - Thursday, August 7, 2008

Tres - dos - uno - ALTO!

I started a new group at work today. To my surprise (aka... they didn't tell me beforehand), I had a patient who only spoke Spanish. My co- facilitator spoke Spanish and translated what was being said. For the majority of the session though we just drummed together. That was nice as they were able to really feel a part of the group. But I had wanted to have them feel like they were a part as well, so I asked my co- worker how to say "3-2-1 stop!" in Spanish. This was taught to me, and I ended all the group drumming's in Spanish. I realize that it is hard to break a tradition like this one. I had to concentrate the entire time I was saying it, and had to stop playing my own instrument in order to do this. Hopefully this will get easier as the group continues.

No comments: