Friday, August 1, 2008

Day 116 - Sunday, July 20, 2008 - The New Spaghetti

New Spaghetti Recipe

My family has a get together dinner once a month. This Sunday, my cousin and her family were in charge. They choose to have a Spaghetti Dinner feast! This sounded superb, and if you know this family, they tend to make the BEST of anything. I can at least tell you that when I walked in the house, it smelled really, reALLY, REALLY GOOD!!!! But I am not able to spaghetti at this time. I cooked spaghetti squash that morning to take. I realized that I didn't have time to make a sauce, so I invented a new recipe in place of it. I sauted onion, mushrooms, green pepper and garlic. I cooked up some frozen stir fry vegetables and added a bit of salsa to it. Then I combined the sauted vegetables and stir fry vegetables in one. This was then added to the spaghetti squash. All the flavors worked extraordinarily well together. So as everyone feasted on homemade spaghetti and meatballs, I was able to relish in my new creation.

No comments: