Friday, August 1, 2008

Day 126 - Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - Computer pseudo tech once again...

Prayer... the BEST Computer Tech Support...

At work, we tend to do songwriting during group. During that time, I record the song's performance on my digital recorder, than enhance it with my computer program. That way they get a CD of their work. The previous week (before the fun and busy vacation), one of my groups wrote and recorded 2 songs. Something happened with the midi files that I has never happen before. For some reason I could play the files on media player, but could not burn them to a CD or even play them on itunes. I had spent several hours the previous day trying to figure out what was going on and how I could fix it. I became frustrated, and decided to work on it at home the next day.

Wednesday before I commenced on this work, I said a prayer and explained my situation and why I needed to get these files repaired and that I NEEDED HELP!!! It was really cool, within 2 hours I had figured out that the files were 4 bit (I still couldn't tell you what this means), but realized that I needed to get them to be much higher than this. I found a free program online that would convert these files. Then without knowing what I was doing, played around with the program and was able to somehow convert the wav files to mp3. I was then able to fix the songs so they sounded great!

I am so grateful for the blessing and opportunity we have to pray. I no there is no way I would have been able to figure this problem out on my own (hence the frustration from Tuesday) and as quickly as I did.

As they say... "God Answers Knee - mail"

No comments: