Friday, August 1, 2008

Day 121 - Friday, July 25, 2008 - A Day at the Salon...

Christmas in July...

Or this is what we were hoping as we walked outside in Arizona. Holly and I decided that this vacation was the "Ulta" trip. She went to Ulta almost everyday. It was also a roller brush trip for her... but that's another story.

My mom told us about a new Ulta opening up near her, and since we are deprived by not having any Ulta's near us, we went. What was supposed to be a 1/2 hour shopping trip turned into about a 4 hour excursion. It was a lot of fun. We discovered that they were doing FREEE eyebrow waxing!!! So my mom, Holly and I all got one. This was the first time I have had this done. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. Then we discovered that they had a really good deal on their salon haircuts. Holly and I decided to take advantage of this deal. I decided to just get a whole new look. I was ready for change in my life. Plus I had been having dreams of getting my hair cut that week.
Before the haircut picture (if you look you can still see the red marks from the eyebrow waxing... but really it didn't hurt that bad)
Holly and mine "After Pictures." We celebrated at Chipotle of course

After we went on several errands where I was able to see my mom's new classroom, and we were able to fulfill one of Holly's dreams of getting a "In - n - Out" shirt.
Holly with her NEW COOL SHIRT and other goodies

That evening Holly and I took her rental car back. On the trip to the rental place we stopped at another Ulta to return the roller brush that Holly bought the day before (they were giving away free brushes as well during the grand opening). While we were there we checked out the sunglasses (of course). We found some great ones, and were really tempted to get them, (they were on SALE!!!) but chose not to. Instead we took pictures of the sunglasses we would like to get one day.
I can't decide which one I like better. Any votes?

1 comment:

Jen said...

Cute hair! I like the more square glasses. Those round ones are too "bug-eye" looking!