Sunday, June 1, 2008

Day 67 - June 1, 2008

The New Spice Cake

When I am around my friend, I tend to get and eat things I don't generally eat or get. One thing we got was a gluten free spice cake mix. We made half of it one morning, and it was really good.



While we ate it I was wondering how it would taste with pumpkin added to it. Today I decided to actually find out. I made the other half and added some canned pumpkin to it. It was good, but I also realized that I added too much pumpkin to it. Next time, I'll add less. But the pumpkin made it more moist. I also think this would taste good with mashed bananas in it as well. I cooked it in one of my small doughnut pans that I have yet to use. Why cook it in a rectangle pan. I also sprinkled it with this all natural cocoa powder mixed with fructose. It was really good, despite not really wanting to cook all the way through.

5 comments:

Jess said...

I made whole wheat pancakes Saturday morning and decided they would be too boring to eat alone, so I added a mashed banana and it was delicious - so moist and tasty. I like pumpkin, too. That cake looks good - I love the donut shape!

Kathryn said...

I bet that would be really good to add to pancakes. Did you put peanut butter on top of it?

Lianna Black said...

Looks like a yummy cake! I love anything pumpkin or banana! It's healthy too. I have a really good pumpkin or zuchinni bread recipe that I love to make. Thanks for all the great posts! :)

Sarah said...

Maybe you are adding too much pumpkin for it not to cook all the way through?

Also...have you noticed in all your posts you mention "my friend" instead of just calling him by his name? What if you forget his name 20 years from now? :-0

Kathryn said...

Lianna - I didn't think about zucchini to add. That would have been good as well. I'll have to try that next time.

Sarah - I didn't notice that I said "my friend" in all my posts. I think I'm so accustomed to how at work I cannot use anyone else's names when I chart on a patient for confidentiality purposes. That's too funny that it's carried over to other areas of my life. I wonder if I talk that way as well now. Poor Aaron will not be given any credit for all the "friend" things we did this past week.