Sunday, June 1, 2008

Day 60 - May 25, 2008

Harp Songwriting

My friend was in town and is currently working on a CD with his family. He is in the editing and mixing stage process. He has added harp as part of some of the instruments for several songs. He asked for some assistance in making some of the harp songs more "harpish." It was an interesting process as I helped him with the piece. I was looking at the piece on his laptop, and he didn't have it in the manuscript mode, but in this other mode (I don't know what it's called) but you looked at the notes through colored boxes that show the duration of the note and then it is on a sideways piano. Hard to explain, awkward at first to figure out exactly what was going on. But it turned out pretty well. You will have to hear it whenever the CD is released.

No comments: