Saturday morning I woke up early and did my first long run. I am planning on running a half marathon in September and found a training schedule where you run different intervals and speeds at different times of the week to help you become prepared for the race. Saturdays are the day I do my long run. This is the longest I have run at one time. In addition, I really didn't have to slow down as much as before. Which means I am slowly getting stronger with my running. I also didn't go on many hills while running as I have been doing all week.
When I got back I had to quickly get ready to meet my friend and her kids up at Sundance. We had planned on going on the Stewart Falls hike. This is a beautiful hike, and really not that difficult or long. It's about 3.5 miles round trip. My friend has a 4 month old cute girl and fun 2 year old boy. She carried the 2 year old and I was privileged to carry the 4 month old. She was such a good baby, and basically slept the entire time we walked back from the waterfall.
Driving home I found out that I could basically drive my car down Sundance mountain in neutral the entire time (nice gas saving tip). I was also really, really dirty, and really, really tired. It was a good day!
1 comment:
Beautiful pictures! We miss those mountains, they are gorgeous! Sounds like a fun and tiring day. :)
Post a Comment