Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Day 104 - Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The first ride....

In honor of my sister's, cousin's and aunt's birthday today, I celebrated by riding my bike to work. It was a lot of fun, and a great way to just have time to think about things.

Today during work I attended a Motivational Interviewing training. During it we had to list 5 things we value in life. That was an interesting thing to really think about. We then had to evaluate if our goals were coinciding with them. In addition I was asked where I see myself in 5 years. That was actually a hard question for me to answer. As I feel that I am not sure where I really do see myself. I feel that in my past, every time I tried this, my life would still end up going in a different direction. Right now where I see myself is to have completed a Graduate program, set up a community drumming group for adolescents and young adults to assist in recovering from addictions and to have a place to receive the music "high" and good social setting, creating a music therapy internship program at work - and being a really good and effective internship director, developing a side music therapy business for drug treatment programs, acquiring at least my GIM level 2 training, having completed at least one MARI training, and had run at least 2 marathons.

So has this been a hard question for anyone else to answer as well?

3 comments:

Steven said...

Is your bike a street bike or a mountain bike? I can't remember. A street bike is like you old 10 speed. They have a bigger tire than the mountain bike.

Jen said...

That is a long ride to work! I think it would be a great thing to have that time to ponder while exericising!

I have no clue where I'll be in five years... except busy and crazy! We will have four "teenagers" and life will be a wild roller coaster - that's for sure!

Sarah said...

It is because you are not a PLANNER! I look ahead all the time at where I would like to be in 5 and 10 years. Granted, my life has taken twists and turns, but a lot of my goals have come to pass.

Congrats on riding to work. I am quite impressed how you are able to fit this into your life right now.