Sunday, July 6, 2008

Day 95 - June 29, 2008

Seeing the world in a different view...

Sunday night I wanted to see how long I could do a head stand for. I realized that I first do not have a strong enough core to do it free style. I needed to be near the door or wall to support myself. I also discovered that a minute is all I can do. I seem to remember seeing my brother doing this for a very, very long time growing up. How did he do that?

That night, my cousin Holly and I were in charge of our Family's 3rd Sunday dinner, that was held on the 5th Sunday this Monday due to some members vacationing. It was a lot of fun. We had it outside in my Grandparent's backyard. Their roses were in full bloom along with other flowers. Holly and I decided to serve Shish Kabobs. Holly was adventurous that night to BBQ the dinner. I found out during this that she had never BBQ'd before. She did a really good job. I would have never had known that this was her first time.
After the dinner the family played "Charades." It's been so long since I have played this. I think my younger cousins had played this before recently as they were able to guess each others really quickly. But I have to admit, they are really good at acting out different animals, and can come up with really creative ones.
My grandpa did one of the best charades that I had ever seen. He was so good that none of us could guess it. He was a Frog Prince trying to get a kiss from someone to turn into a Handsome Prince.
As I mentioned earlier, my grandparent's rose garden was in full bloom that night. It is one of the most beautiful, peaceful places for me to be in . Here are a few pictures of the beauty we were able to enjoy.

No comments: