Lately, for a small time, I have had to eliminate raw vegetables from my diet. This had been a tricky thing I am realizing. I went to St. George for a conference and did not have much control over where I could obtain food. When we first arrived to St. George it was around 2pm, and I had not had lunch yet. I was STARVING, and didn't have access to a car at the moment. I walked to Burger King which was across the street. When I got there, I just looked at the menu and wondered what could I eat. I did not want to spend $4 on a small piece of chicken, having to throw away everything else from the chicken burger. I realized that my motel room had a microwave. So I ordered the chicken salad (with no dressing - which is hard for people to accept at times) and took the meal back to my room. I put the salad in the microwave for 2 minutes, and "wala" a meal I could eat. It really wasn't that bad, and the vegetables were cooked. I think though if I had to do it again, I would ask Burger King to cook the salad for me. I would have loved to have seen the expression on their faces. Who knows, maybe this could start a new trend for others as well.
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
Crohn's Survival - Salads
Lately, for a small time, I have had to eliminate raw vegetables from my diet. This had been a tricky thing I am realizing. I went to St. George for a conference and did not have much control over where I could obtain food. When we first arrived to St. George it was around 2pm, and I had not had lunch yet. I was STARVING, and didn't have access to a car at the moment. I walked to Burger King which was across the street. When I got there, I just looked at the menu and wondered what could I eat. I did not want to spend $4 on a small piece of chicken, having to throw away everything else from the chicken burger. I realized that my motel room had a microwave. So I ordered the chicken salad (with no dressing - which is hard for people to accept at times) and took the meal back to my room. I put the salad in the microwave for 2 minutes, and "wala" a meal I could eat. It really wasn't that bad, and the vegetables were cooked. I think though if I had to do it again, I would ask Burger King to cook the salad for me. I would have loved to have seen the expression on their faces. Who knows, maybe this could start a new trend for others as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I would have NEVER thought to do that! Whatever works, right? I'm so glad it worked out for you. You amaze me and the concoctions you come up with.
I would have loved to have seen their face when you ask them to do that for you. Can I be with you next time?
We could have so much fun with this where we all go to Burger King and order this microwaved salad at various times. That would throw them off. But we are told we can have it "our way." But let's plan on going to Burger King next time we get together and you can see how good it really is:)
Oh - that is GREAT!! I totally think we should do that!! They would probably think we were with Candid Camera or something...
John said that we should have the camera on the phone ready and then snap the picture or take a video...
I didn't know they had microwaves at Burger King. I thought everything was FRESH.
Post a Comment