Saturday, October 27, 2007

Why did the Chicken cross the road?

First I want to give a big THANK YOU for everyone giving me ideas on what to be for Halloween this year. There were some great ideas given. It would have been fun to get dressed up as a lot of them. Yesterday I went to a discount party store near me called "Zurchers." As I walked around I was also talking to my mom on the cell phone. We talked about some ideas I had and somehow were able to come up with a completely different idea than what I had originally came up with, but it was still fun. Plus I would be able to use my props for a future holiday coming up soon (stay tuned). But my final Halloween costume ended up being a "Chicken Fairy." It was so much fun to create. In case none of you have ever heard of a chicken fairy, they are fairies that go around with their magic rubber chicken wand and whatever they touch turns into chicken. This would be such a dream power for me as I love chicken. I was also thinking of being a squash fairy, but didn't know how to pull that one off exactly. I went to my Ward's Halloween Party with my friend Cassie. She dressed up as an old lady. We had fun getting her ready as well. We put baby powder in her hair to create the grey effect. She was able to play this part really well. We both laughed so hard throughout the night, that our stomachs and sides were hurting by the end of the night.
(oh, on a side note, you can't see it, but I was wearing bright socks, and hot pink crocks as shoes. I also made an egg necklace, to go along with my egg tiara. Also I have a big foil "C" on the back of my sweater, to represent the great chicken world.)

6 comments:

Jen said...

FUN!! What a great idea!! I'm glad you had a good time! I bet you were the only chicken fairy there!

Anonymous said...

You are the best Chicken Fairy I know! Love your costume and Cassie's. I hope she had fun, too.

Sarah said...

I really miss Zurchers. That was the best store for trinkets. I like to think of it as Party City on steriods.

Love the costume idea. I don't think I could have got away with that one...

GordonandChrissy said...

How creative! Looks like fun!

Ale said...

I love the chicken fairy...great idea!!! :)

T and B said...

I love it! So creative.