Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Cool, Crisp, Autumn air

I am so grateful that I am able to experience a bit of autumn before I move back to Arizona. Fall in Utah is a much different experience than Arizona's Fall. Today was a great day to experience this. I was able to do my favorite thing this time of year. When I drive to and from work, I turn the heater in my car to high and roll down the windows. I know this may sound odd, but for some reason I really like the feeling of the warm heater and the cooler air all at once. In addition, we received a great storm during the day... and wouldn't you know it, this was the day work chose to go to the State Fair. So I was able to be outside for a few hours in the rain :) How else could this day be any better...

The Utah State Fair is a lot of fun, but a bit different than the Arizona State Fair. It's a bit smaller, or a bit, bit smaller than Arizona. But a good enough size to not feel overwhelmed with everything. We were able to see a good portion of the things during the time we were there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You wouldn't catch me turning my heater on with the windows rolled down! We are still in the low 100's. Enjoy it while you can.

I'm gearing up for the AZ State Fair. The entry applications were due today. I have 18 entries from my 3rd grade. I signed up to do a gingerbread house - but I'll see how much time I have.

Gee, you'll be here for the opening day of the Fair - our family tradition to go check out who won what on the opening day! Oh what memories we have!

Jen said...

Sounds like a wonderful HAPPY day!

Sarah said...

I remember how disappointed I was with the Utah State Fair. The entries building had mostly bottled items. We were there for one reason and that was the all you could eat ice cream night! For $2 you were able to eat ice cream from 10 different vendors. You knew which brands were the best by how long their lines were. We also saved on our admissions by filling our gas tanks at one of the stations there. We only saw that deal our first year in Utah!

GordonandChrissy said...

I'm doing a little catch up on your blog, and I didn't know you were moving back to AZ! How exciting and fun to be close to so much of your family. Good luck!

GordonandChrissy said...

P.S. I meant "good luck" with the moving, packing etc. Not "good luck" being close to family. Just in case you were wondering. :) I really should re-read my comments before I click publish. Eeks.