Thursday, April 3, 2008

Day 8 - Spoons

Soon I'll be able to add "playing the spoons" to my resume. I ventured into this new area of instrumentation today. I didn't do too bad. It's still a bit hard to keep them steady, but I'm sure with practice I will be able to figure it out. It may even help me out with my technique of using chop sticks. Perhaps at our next Family Reunion Talent Show I will be able to have an act down like this one:

3 comments:

Steven said...

Who are you planning on doing the act with? I nominate Jonathan and Taylor. They seem to be very musically inclined and Sarah could help teach them a couple hours a day.

Sarah said...

Yes, I am sure they would love to play the spoons over and over and over...

BTW-why is it that spoons seem to disapear faster than forks and knifes?

Kathryn said...

That would be great if I could get a routine down with the boys! Thanks for the idea.

I think the spoons disappear fastest because it's easier to walk around with spoons on our noses than any other utensil. Than after we the spoon doesn't work any more, we tend to just place it at a spot away from the kitchen, to avoid the temptation of getting another spoon to try it again. That's one theory though....I'm sure someone could come up with another reason why.