Singles Fireside and Mission Stories
I was invited to attend the 1st ever mid - singles fireside for the Tempe/Mesa/ Phoenix area in Arizona. I've never been to a fireside for those specifically for ages 30 - 39, usually I attend the ones that are for ages 18 - 30 years old. Since I'm really close to that age (315 more days till my birthday! :) I felt like I fit right in. It was fun to see old friends and to catch up with what has been going on in their lives since I left. In addition, this was the first time Elder James J. Hamula, the person who gave the talk, spoke since being called as a General Authority.
That night, my friend, Aaron, and I had dinner with my parents. My dad served a mission in the East Asia, Philippians area, many years ago. He began to share stories with us that I had never heard before. I laughed with several of them, and couldn't believe that I never heard them before.
No comments:
Post a Comment