Our family has a tradition where the family on my mom's side get together for a dinner every 3rd Sunday of the month. We have titled this the "3rd Sunday Dinner." We rotate responsibilities on hosting the dinner, and planning it. My cousin, Holly and I were in charge of it this month. Since we were both out of town this 3rd Sunday, we changed the date for the 4th Sunday this month. The theme for the night was "Breakfast for Dinner." We had scrambled eggs, waffles, sausage, fruit, juice and of course many desserts. This has been a fun tradition I look forward to each month because I know that one night a month I will be able to enjoy good food, fun conversation and get to know my family a bit better. During this dinner we also celebrate all of those who are celebrating a birthday that month. Sometimes it feels like it is just one big party!
3 comments:
Kathryn, I never thought I would say this, but...you look tan compared to Lindsay.
I am glad you had a nice night. Those are always fun.
Third Sunday dinners are a tradition around the USA with our family. Leslie hosts the dinner in Michigan; Amy and Sarah have their dinners in Denver, and we have our dinners in AZ. It is a good way to connect at least once a month! I look forward to them all the time.
I'm glad that mom and dad continue that tradition here.... but looking at those pictures, I wish we ALL lived closer together so I could get to know everyone better, and have time to spend with Grandma and Granpda.
Post a Comment