Thursday, October 1, 2009

Autumn Equinox

Last Tuesday, September 22nd, a friend of mine threw an "Autumnal Equinox" party to celebrate the arrival of Fall. It was a lot of fun, and a great reminder that Fall was finally here (especially when you live in Arizona).

At the party, someone came with many instruments, allowing us to have an amazing drum circle experience. I was in heaven... we explored, talked and played in the Arizona desert. The sky and the weather were absolutely perfect. We were also far enough away from the city to allow us to really watch the stars. Through this, I am really excited for Autumn to finally be here... although we have still been experiencing triple digit weather...

Sunset at the beginning of the party. This is a view from where my friend lives.
The group exploring instruments, and creating a "groove" with one another.
There were a few instruments there that I had not seen before. It was fun to play with new sounds.

1 comment:

Steven said...

That's a beautiful picture of an AZ sunset. Those drum circles always sound like fun even though I've never seen a live one before. Hope you have a great weekend!