My friend, Ale, just sent this to me. I know that several of you who read this live, or have lived in Utah before. You may just be able to relate to a few of them.
FORGET REDNECKS; THIS IS WHAT JEFF FOXWORTHY HAD TO SAY ABOUT UTAHNS!
If your local Dairy Queen is closed from September to May, you live in Utah.
If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they don't work there, you live in Utah.
If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you live in Utah
If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed the wrong number, you live in Utah.
If 'vacation' means going anywhere south of Salt Lake City for the weekend, you live in Utah.
If you measure distance in hours, you live in Utah.
If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you live in Utah.
If you have switched from 'heat' to 'A/C' and back again in the same day, you live in Utah.
If you install security lights on your house and garage but leave both unlocked, you live in Utah.
If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in Utah.
If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit, you live in Utah
If the speed limit on the highway is 75 mph -- you're going 80, and everyone is still passing you, you live in Utah.
If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow, you live in Utah.
If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction, you live in Utah.
If you find 10 degrees 'a little chilly' you live in Utah.
If you actually understand these jokes and tell your friends about them, you live in Utah
5 comments:
I have lived in Utah for 5 years as an adult, plus another 2 while at BYU, and I don't get most of those jokes. Maybe I am just too tired right now to understand anything.
Yep, I lived in Utah for 12 years, too. I agree with your post. I still like living in AZ better!
I loved your jokes! Granted, it is 5:30 AM and I'm running on 6 hours of sleep for the past several nights, but I thought they were hilarious having lived in Utah. And I must live in Utah, because I'm sending the link to this blog to my Dad who will love them and yes, he lives in Utah! Thanks for sharing. :-)
John
Haha I love the road contsruction one, that is so true. UDOT seems to ALWAYS have something torn up on every major road in the state!
Yep! I did laugh at most of the jokes, but some of them could apply to Arizona drivers as well. Especially the one about driving 80 in a 75 mph zone and drivers still passing you. And I remember the time we came to Utah from Az in a raging blizzard just south of Nephi, California cars were passing us like they were still driving in California!
Post a Comment